10 Quick Tips to Installing Your Own PV System
Assuming your desired installation location is facing true south, you are ready to install your photovoltaic (PV) system. Make sure there is no shade that may or may occur. You want to keep in mind the tree (s) do not develop, neighbors can be trembling, and cities can implement posts / electric light or power poles, so keep that in mind.
Here are 10 quick tips to install your own photovoltaic system.
1. Safety first – Make sure you are safe in all aspects of the installation is the key. This includes a harness, rope mooring, PPE (personal protective equipment), stabilization of the scale, using appropriate tools for each task, and another person help in an emergency.
2. Site Assessment – Be sure to measure your timeline, and your roof can withstand the weight load of the system. Vinyl siding North Carolina is affordable, requires very little maintenance, improves insulation, reduces your energy bills. The solar modules / panels are usually a little less than 40 “wide. Make sure you get the exact measurement when you decide that you want to use solar panels in your home. Do not forget to include the gap between panels (0.5” 1 “depending on the fitting / removal), so keep that in mind.
3. Map – Map where you want it was going. There are many options like: After installing through the roof (attic) resulting in his garage. Another is to protect the pipe to the roof system components away from home. It is also common for painting led him to match its background. These are the most popular methods, but each house is different. Plan accordingly!
4. Know – looking for products that are needed. This includes the attachment, sedimentation, the module fastening wire inverter disconnects control methods, led the cable length / tracks, and several pieces / parts to keep everything together. Note the type of roof you have, well, tiles, standing seam, etc.
5. Reach Out – You’ll have to find an electrician in bellingham wa to connect the system. You will also find a local or manufacturer of solar panels company.
6. Know the code – you will need to check with the city in the distance you can have your modules to the ridge, eaves and hips, mainly for fire access and extra attachment (shelves) for windy / stormy regions.
7. Keep it clean – Make sure the vehicles or other goods are out of the relegation zone. You do not want your box Lag working on the roof to the windshield, or anyone else. It is also necessary for security. Less is better to create a hazardous environment.
8. Install panels – After having the rack fact, is ready to launch its modules. There are a few safe ways to get their panels from floor to ceiling. It’s just another person who delivers to you. Another is to make a rope to the back of the module and pull up on the ladder. You can also modules with everything moving arms. Do not forget to wind factors and fatigue when installing modules.
9. Maintenance – Once your system has been installed, you want to ensure that the panels and cables are still in very good condition. Squirrels, birds, insects and mother nature can affect your system. Clean your modules every 6 months to ensure optimum performance and son of the module is not chewed.
10. Hire a local solar company – In some areas, it makes sense for a company to install your solar system instead of doing it yourself. The advantages of hiring a local solar company include tax credits do not have to buy their own tools, and help the local economy. I can bet that the company installing the system will do a great job, and experienced many do.
Make sure that all penetrations are sealed with caulking lost and flashing is a must. This will ensure that leaks do not become a problem. You also need to fill with putty leads exposed to insects make it fertile ground.
If problems using YouTube, please call / email the manufacturer, or contact a local solar company to see what they recommend.
For those who keep up with the times and make use of modern home technologies, SixTech Systems offers counter-drone technology for perimeter security of your house.